Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Rena-Itsuka Tenma no Kuro Usagi Episode 1



So I decided to crack out the ol' blogger in me to dig up this ancient thing.
SO.
I have been really excited over the premier of Itsuka Tenma, and the joy of seeing little Mirai in motion.
However, we all know that there are always disappointments.

Plot: Guy falls in love with vampire girl. Vampire girl has to go away. Guy forgets vampire girl until forever later. They run into many problems while progressing towards a happy life together.
Nothing too original.


Characters: 

The main heroin of the series. She's trapped until Taito remembers her, which somehow magically freed her. For some reason they put these weird glowing orbs in her hair in the anime, which does not please me. I wouldn't mind a bit of sparkles or something, but the glowing orbs are obnoxious. I don't really like her, but I don't hate her. 


Really.

This would be Kurogane Taito.
He's the main male protagonist in this series. He can't die unless it's several times within a certain time period. Oooooooooo.
I dislike what they did with him. A lot. They got down the general idea of him, but then made him look weird. His hair looks so strange. I know, I know, his hair must look normal compared to some of the other characters, however, at least their hair looked GOOD. His hair looks like Bakura's from Yu-Gi-Oh. In the manga, it looked so much cooler. But this. Ugh.
I also dislike how his voice doesn't match his face. At all. I can't say it's Tachibana Shinnosuke's fault, he obviously tried, and did a fair job, but the way the artists depicted his face in some scenes didn't really convey the emotion that was needed. But maybe that's just me.


The wonderful, beautiful Andou Mirai. 
She is some kind of thunder/lightning demon that was tamed by Gekkou. She can only use her full potential if Gekkou kisses her. She is undeniably my favorite.
She's really kyoot, and I can't help but be somewhat happy on how she came out, just because she's there at all. I wish they hadn't had to of made her stockings yellow and pink. It matches the uniform, I know...but still :c
I wish they had made her ponytail fuller, like in the manga.

Please pardon some unconnected hairs, I erased some of the text from the page.

BUT LOOK HOW KYOOT SHE WAS.


Kurenai Gekkou

I can't really tell if he's evil or bad. But he's the one who basically owns Mirai. He has a magic sword. No, seriously.

I don't have any complaints. I think they did a nice job with him, and he was even blessed with Nakamura Yuuichi.


Shigure Haruka.
Taito's friend. I don't even remember whether it's a childhood friend or not. So far, she's unimportant and I had completely forgotten she even existed.
She stands out more in the anime than in the manga.

------

I'm far too lazy to go through and screen cap anything interesting, since most of it wasn't that interesting. I only really read the manga for the art, and will probably use this reason to watch the anime too. Hopefully the story  gets better and I can actually enjoy going through it to screen cap. 

This episode also left things clouded, and anyone who hadn't read the manga would be left confused. such as Uta-nyan. After she watched it, she didn't understand a lot and was ultimately turned off by it. I tried to get her to read the manga, but she refused.

Maybe it's just because I was so involved with Itsuka Tenma already that I was expecting too much.

But I can still say this with confidence:

THEY COULD HAVE DONE BETTER.








No comments:

Post a Comment