Monday, October 4, 2010

Rena: Psychic Detective Yakumo Episode 1


Summary: Ozawa Haruka is having ghosty problems. She and her friends snuck into an old school house, resulting in "suicides" of two of the friends, and the other one ending up in the hospital. Haruka herself somehow has escaped being possessed and goes to Saito Yakumo, who is rumoured to have psychic powers, for help. Together they solve the mystery. Happy ending.



Comments: Okay. I'm not sure if this was a rushed episode or not. I've not read any of the novels or manga. I've never seen the TV drama. It just felt like I watched a whole series crammed into one 30 minute episode. Ayumi Fujimura isn't as annoying in this show. Which is surprising because I cannot stand that sound that emits from her mouth. Daisuke Ono is always great, in my opinion. His voice doesn't seem to fit Yakumo, though. Let me be position now. I love the art. It's really pretty, and is another aspect of this show that reminds me of Death Note (apart from Haruka's eyes). Yes. This show has the potential to be a hit, like Death Note. I can see myself in the future, flipping through channels, and seeing the dubbed version of this. It has everything. Detectives with psychic powers. A very attractive male protagonist. I'm sensing a whole lot of romance. IT JUST NEEDS CREATIVITY, SUSPENSE, AND A LOT OF FAN SERVICE.

----------------------------------------------

Ahh, the fateful meeting.

 GASP. ABANDONED SCHOOL HOUSE? I'M INTRIGUED.

 I feel extremely confident in saying that if I were in his place,
 I would've screamed and peed myself.

 Yakumo is seriously my favorite kind of male protagonist.
He's attractive, has psychic powers, is blunt, and has great hair.
If Haruka doesn't take him, I will.

Oh. We've touched a nerve. 

That's hot. Apparently these are female. 

 LOOKIT. A CLUE.

Case solved.

He was probably trying to get a peek up your short skirt, Haruka.

Oh snap.
Let me add to my list of Yakumo's greatness.
He can also offend people's wives.
Can I marry him?

Just staring at the purse isn't getting you anywhere,
even if you do it in a very awesome way.

I don't know what to say about this.
But I like it.

Now, of course she gets captured.

-fan girl squeal-

This scene made me think of those lovable goth kids on South Park.
This is something they would do.

N-NO, IT'S TOO SOON.

NOOOO.

Oh. He's letting her see her sister. I see. -wipes sweat off forehead-
Well, anyway, happy ending.

NEW CHARACTER, YAY.
I'm going to assume that this is our main antagonist.


----------------------------------------------

So, yeah. You agree on rushed, right?
I was expecting seeing the main antagonist around, maybe, the 5th episode at the earliest. Maybe 4th.
Thank you for reading this, bye bye!
~Rena

No comments:

Post a Comment